1. It shall determine through research and membership polling the proposals on
salary, hours, and working conditions which shall be used in collective bargaining.
2. It shall elect a chairperson pro-term at its first meeting who shall act as
chairperson until the negotiating team is chosen.
3. The negotiating team shall elect a chairperson who then automatically becomes a
permanent chairperson of the Negotiations Committee.
4. The negotiating team shall perform the actual negotiating.
5. All contract proposals arrived at via negotiations by the Negotiations Committee
shall be presented to the Executive Board prior to ratification by AEA.
Last Revision 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
6. The Executive Board shall vote to favor or oppose contract proposals. Contract proposals shall then be submitted to AEA membership with the results of the Executive Board vote attached.
7. Unit “B” shall be the second of the two Negotiation Committees.
a. Unit “B” shall be comprised of teacher assistants.
b. Unit “B” shall negotiate a contract affecting “B” Unit membership.